On September 30, 1930, Archbishop Thomas O’Donnell turned the first sod with the newly appointed first Pastor, Msgr. Michael J. Cole with Curate, Father Leo Day also in attendance. The first Mass in the newly completed basement church was celebrated on Christmas Eve 1931 and the present rectory was built in 1937, at a total cost of $22,000.00.
Following his death in 1948, Msgr. Cole was succeeded by Most Rev. A.B. Leverman, Auxiliary Bishop who was later appointed Bishop of Saint John, N.B. In 1953, Msgr. James Granville was named to replace Bishop Leverman and held that post until 1955. Msgr. William J. Burns, was then appointed Pastor of St. Theresa’s and was followed in 1965 by Rev. John Heffler who was appointed the new Pastor. Under Father Heffler’s leadership the basement church was converted to the present stone structure.
Following his retirement in 1979 Father Heffler was replaced by Rev. John DeLouchry and under his leadership several structural changes took place including additions and renovations to the present rectory to include offices and additional meeting rooms. A major part of the renovations included a ramp to the church entrance to accommodate the disabled and elderly.